L’Oreal Paris is the largest beauty brand in the world. They are dedicated to diversity and providing appropriate products to every person. For this reason, you’d find that the company has several different lines of sulfate free shampoo.
If you are looking for a sulfate free shampoo at a reasonable price, L’Oreal may have the answer for you. Avoiding sulfates in your shampoo may help to eliminate irritation, and avoid the risk of using products that contain unintentional, and probably harmful by-products such as 1,4 Dioxane.
L’Oreal now offers 5 sulfate-free shampoo lines. These are –
- EverCrème® moisturizing shampoo
- EverPure® for colored hair
- EverSleek® for smoothing and frizz-free hair
- EverStrong® for hair nourishment and strength
- EverCurl® for curly hair
Ingredients worth mentioning
Although these shampoos contain some natural ingredients, all of them also contain many synthetic ones, including the cleansing agents –
- Propylene Glycol
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate
- Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate
- Decyl Glucoside
With so many surfactants, it is no wonder that these shampoos form a rich lather. Among these core surfactants which are found in all 5 L’Oreal sulfate-free shampoos, cocamidopropyl betaine and sodium lauroyl sarcosinate are as harmful as sulfate-based detergents. However, as with every shampoo, you may not be sensitive to them, and then, the benefits of using any of this group of shampoos may exceed the risks.
The two fragrance ingredients that are found in all 5 shampoos may also be harmful, but are found in those shampoos at very low concentrations. These two ingredients are Hexyl Cinnamal and Linalool.
Possibly allergenic preservatives are
- Benzyl Benzoate – in EverCurl.
- Methylchloroisothiazolinone – in EverStrong, EverCreme, EverPure and EverCurl. Not fund in EverSleek.
- Methylisothiazolinone – in EverStrong, EverCreme, EverPure and EverCurl. Not fund in EverSleek.
- Methylparaben – a possible endocrine disruptor in EverPure.
Among the hair conditioning agents in these shampoos are –
- Sodium Isethionate
- Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer
Although all of them are safe to use, some people don’t like using synthetic silicones because of the feeling they cause.
Natural ingredients in L’Oreal sulfate free shampoos
Natural ingredients in shampoo perform several different functions. Some are just used for fragrance; others are skin or hair conditioners or used to treat dry scalp or other scalp problems. Unlike sulfate-free shampoos from many other brands, L’Oreal shampoos contain very few natural ingredients. Among these –
- Sunflower Seed Extract in EverSleek for skin conditioning and as a sunscreen.
- Rosemary Leaf Oil in EverStrong and EverPure for fragrance and skin conditioning.
- Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil in EverStrong and EverPure for fragrance.
- Camelina Sativa Seed Oil and Apricot Kernel Oil, used for fragrance in EverCreme.
- Grape Seed Oil in EverCreme and EverCurl as a skin conditioner
- Hibiscus Esculentus Seed Extract is another skin conditioner in EverCurl.
What do people say about L’Oreal shampoo?
Overall, users love these products. The relatively low price, compared to other sulfate free shampoo on the market is a good reason to try and see for yourself if this shampoo works for you.
|Overall rating||Positive comments||Negative comments|
|EverCrème||4||Shiny look, addicting scent, smooth and soft hair, no frizz||Heavy hair|
|EverPure||3.5||Delicate smell, luxurious lather, protect hair color||Hair loss, heavy hair|
|EverSleek||4||No frizz, softer, smoother hair, shiny and sleek||Residue left in hair, scalp dry itchy and flaky, hair curlier and way frizzier than before|
|EverStrong||4||Soft hair with no breakage, rich lather, calm the frizz, shiny in healthy clean way, smells good||hair super frizzy and difficult to brush, scalp problems|
|EverCurl||4||gently cleanses, and isn't drying, lathers well, hair so soft and shiny, smells good||Hair feeling dry|